Corporate Sales Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reporting to the Head of Sales and Distribution, the Corporate Sales Manager will be responsible for growing and retaining the Corporate customer subscriber base for data and post-paid voice and undertaking analysis of corporate market trends with a view of identifying additional business opportunities.
Leading a team of sales professionals, the Corporate Sales Manager shall manage the corporate sales activities and programmes to attain the sales targets and establish strategic business relationships.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Deadline: 31st January 2017
The Corporate Sales Manager is responsible for developing and executing the corporate sales plan to achieve the set sales targets and to expand the company’s corporate customer base through:
- Seeking out and developing new strategies, tactics, and plans to advance future growth and procure new business to the company’s subscriber base.
- Ensure the retention of existing customers and build a quality customer base.
- Conducting analysis and ensuring accurate and timely submission of sales reports and other intelligence to manage performance levels of sales against market developments and company objectives. Recommends revisions to existing reports or new report requirements as may be appropriate.
- Responsible for providing an annual Corporate Sales Plan, providing updates and revisions as required to the business plan.
- Generating reports based on accurate facts to be presented to senior managers.
- Understanding category-specific landscapes and trends, reporting on the forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts.
- Creating and determining market segmentation strategies to maximise business growth potential and opportunities.
- Establishing performance goals and managing the activities of the corporate sales team.
- Devising and deploying both annual and monthly sales objectives, goals and policies aligned to the company’s business plan including targets.
- Engaging in the continuous improvement of team through the creation of training and development programmes for the team.
- Continuously motivating the Corporate Sales team, inspiring them to deliver the company’s goals.
- Coordinating and aligning the Corporate Sales operations within the department and other departments in the company in order to increase the capability and success of sales force.
- Developing, managing and nurturing strong customer relationships through communicating effectively the company’s value proposition through proposals and presentations to accomplish volume and profit goals.
- Planning and coordinating the execution of all internal and external Corporate Sales events including sales campaigns, account reviews, activations and daily, monthly and annual sales meetings.
- Representing the company’s business policies in various conferences, trade fairs, and networking events to attract more and more subscribers
- Ensuring relevant logistics processes and product delivery are monitored and effective.
- Maintaining the Vodafone brand in communications to key business collaborators, business units and external parties at all times.
The successful candidate will have excellent training and presentation skills and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales management with a Bachelor’s degree in a business–related subject; candidates with an MBA will be preferred.
- Demonstrable skills of being able to operate in a fast-paced and changing market environment and ability to work under pressure in time-challenged situations.
- Proven leadership and ability to build, motivate and drive sales teams.
- A robust understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Strong leadership qualities with exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal capabilities.
- Experience in developing sales strategies and performance metrics and tactics and techniques based on the feedback of the customer and market environment.
- Proven ability to interact with Senior Executives with strong training and presentation skills.
- Experience working in the Telecommunication industry or any FMCG will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
- Highly proficient in all MS Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Other desirable traits:
- Self-driven with the ability to motivate subordinates and lead by example.
- Customer and service oriented.
- Conflict management skills.
- Innovative and willing to learn.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and monitor.
- Ability to handle stress in time-constrained environments.
- Professional image/visibility.
- Relationship building.
- Possess a strong performance and results orientation.
Only applications prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.
Please send your resume and cover letter in one file [email protected]