Segment Specialist SOHO+SME
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Deadline: 10th March 2017
- Taking a customer centric approach in all activities, define and develop Vodafone Uganda marketing strategy and plan for SOHO and SME segments in order to fulfill the overall company strategy and targets
- Develop and implement pricing, propositions and products covering prepaid, post-paid voice and data, value added services and bundles with content
- Drive and define optimization of customer segmentation and retention guidelines
- Proactively counter competitors’ strategy, services, pricing activities by being the champion of timely adaptation and implementation of marketing strategies and GTM initiatives
- Review and give input to drive device strategy, based on the need of the segment
- Proactively seeking opportunities to incorporate new technology, products, partnerships and business opportunities.
- Secure cross functional collaboration between the sales, customer care and marketing teams to ensure timely achievement of set targets in terms of revenues, customer acquisition, brand recall etc.
- Develop GTM plan, business cases, profitability analysis, market research, etc. for new products launches or campaigns.
- Works with an analytical and data-driven approach in finding and testing new propositions, products and GTM activities combining internal and external insights.
- Develop and own segment marketing financial objectives and continuously monitor performance against KPIs
Key Results Areas:
- Achievement of target market share, gross adds, churn and revenue share of Vodafone Uganda within the set timelines.
- Ensure that the marketing strategy contributes to overall top line growth by continuously improving customer satisfaction scores, brand perception and generating revenues from strategic initiatives
- Actively engages in adopting a forward looking outlook to identify new avenues for business growth in the marketplace penetrating the define segments
- Constantly monitor, analyse and understand customer data and usage behaviours, in order to secure optimum product performance i.e. profitability, uptake, usage and churn
- Ensure that the marketing plan and product development roadmap is in place for the defined segment. Updated quarterly and yearly, and aligned with Sales, Marketing, Finance and IT departments
- Deliver and launch planned GTM-activities as per approved marketing plan and defined timelines
- Ensure timely information to and buy-in from sales, customer experience, corporate communication and segment marketing teams to ensure alignment on all go-to-market initiatives.
- Utilizes sales and customer channels as feedback mechanism for product performance and customer experience
- Timely reporting on competitor actions to stakeholders in the company.
- Keeping abreast with the latest market developments and industry trends, and translating these into new products and services.
- University degree in Business, Communications or Marketing; other degree holders with supplemental commercial education (MBA or Advanced Marketing Degree) will also be considered.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar position either within product management, commercial or marketing function in telco or similar related ICT industry
- Highly proficient in all MS Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data bases
- Product, competition and domain knowledge
- Proven ability to work in a start up environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills- strong in presenting
- Entrepreneurial Orientation – Is self-driven and has a ‘can -do’ attitude, is willing to extend oneself in the interests of delivering the best products and services, and signifies enthusiasm and charisma to deliver on goals ascribed to him. Highly innovative
- Strategic Thinking and Conceptualizing – Has the ability to understand the larger picture, appreciates its impact on own area of working (and its interdependencies). Comprehends overall strategic plan and proactively seeks diverse information from various sources/ function (even through unfamiliar sources) to synthesize them to identify decision options.
- Influencing and Communication – Excellent interpersonal skills. Good at creating and given presentations. A team player who generates enthusiasm and builds effective working relationships
- Learning & adopting to change – Understands the need to constantly seek new inputs and embraces opportunities to learn and evolve. Enthusiastic and passionate about winning the customers from the market, in changing scenarios to achieve business results.
- Customer Focus – Highly customer focused. Understands a customer centric approach and how to translate this in to attractive products and services for the defined segment. Is able to deliver results, even under pressure in time challenge situations.
Only applications prepared in English and submitted in either MS Word or PDF format will be considered.
Please send your resume and cover letter in one file [email protected]