Vodafone Uganda is sending three lucky winners to London for an all expense paid once in a lifetime experience.
These three lucky winners will meet entrepreneurs, business leaders, creatives, in an effort to help them develop their vision for their tomorrow. On top of that they will get to visit some of London’s most well-known landmarks.
How to enter the competition:
1. Choose whether you want to enter our competition as a creative, entrepreneur, or future business leader (see below for more on these categories).
2. Create a video, which is no longer than 45 seconds, telling us about your passion, why you deserve to win and how you intend to create your tomorrow in Uganda. Failure to post a video covering these three talking points will lead to automatic disqualification of your submission.
3. Post the video on Vodafone Uganda’s Facebook wall with hashtag #ICreateTomorrow
4. The final date for submission is Friday 28th October 2016 before 5:00pm.
There are three Categories you can enter into:
Creative: Your vision for creating a business or movement in fashion, music, art, filmmaking, or any other creative industries.
Entrepreneur: Your vision for how you want to start up or grow your own business.
Future Business Leader: Your vision on why you want to a lead a large company and how you intend to impact the next Generation with your leadership.
Criteria for entry:
1. You have to be between the age of 18-30 years.
2. The owner of a valid passport to stand a chance of winning the grand prize. You can, however, still enter without a passport and be eligible for the runners up prizes.
3. Able to travel to London on the days 5th November to the 12th November.
4. You are happy to consent to be filmed on the trip and us using your image in our campaign and for any post campaign Vodafone Uganda communication.
How we will pick the winners:
1. The Vodafone team will shortlist three entries for each category – a total of nine people will be shortlisted.
2. A judging panel of 3 well known personalities will select the winner for each category. The identity of these judges will be made public in due course.
The winner will be announced on Sunday 30th October.
Read on for more detailed terms and conditions:
Employees of Vodafone Uganda, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household with Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and Vodafone Uganda Policies.
By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept Vodafone Uganda’s decisions as final and binding as it relates to this Campaign. You may participate in this Campaign only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple identities. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at Vodafone Uganda’s sole discretion
By submitting a video, You understand and agree that Vodafone Uganda, anyone acting on behalf of Vodafone Uganda, and Vodafone Uganda’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
By submitting a video, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights.
Vodafone Uganda reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorised human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Vodafone Uganda’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Vodafone Uganda may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Vodafone Uganda.
Limitation of liability:
By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Vodafone Uganda and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Campaign; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Campaign or the processing of entries.
The Sponsor of the Campaign is Vodafone Uganda of Plot 1, Hill Drive, Kololo and P.O. Box 1015 Kampala, Uganda. This Campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submitting your video, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.